My mum's new-ish washer just broke (remember when washing machines lasted 30 years - oh, wait, like the one I currently have) so I got a surprise visit from her and her three loads of laundry yesterday morning - talk about role reversal!
It was great. We spent the morning chatting and finishing off two of my five unfinished sewing projects. I now have two new (to me) altered skirts for work, both of which belonged to my gran! I can't wait to take photos and show her how well they've held up. Talk about quality. They look brand new! The funny thing is that, as I was taking apart one of the skirts, I could see where my gran had altered it before me. Three generations in the same skirt (altered by three generations of sewers). These days, you would be lucky to have an item of clothing last a single season.
Yup, they just don't make things like they used to.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment