Saturday, January 9, 2010

the borrowers

Have you ever read the kids book "The Borrowers" by Mary Norton (I recommend it highly, btw)? It's about a little world, with tiny people who make off with items around your house to use in their miniature worlds. It's the explanation my parents always used when we misplaced anything - "the borrowers must have taken it". Lately, I have been feeling as though we had a serious infestation of the borrowers! I kept looking for staples in my wardrobe and couldn't find them anywhere - including: my black boots (boots for crying out loud!), my favourite black tankini and my winter running pants (a definite necessity for winter sports). My tankini has been missing for months. Have you ever wished you had a crystal ball to find out what has happened to these missing things?

Today, I decided to make the most of the last couple of days of vacation to edit my closet and put together a couple of bags for the Sally Anne. Wouldn't you know it, I found all of my missing items! All of them! My boots were hiding in the corner of my bedroom under a bag I had already started for charity, my tankini was in my summer bin - how did I miss it? I guess little black things can hide in the shadows sometimes. And my running pants were in another summer bin. Moral of the story? Too many summer bins for one. Much editing needed - but it's so hard...

At least I won't have to bring in an exterminator just yet... Now, if we could only find Rich's hockey gloves and helmet...

In other news, it's bloody freezing here today (minus 28 Celsius with the wind chill). This isn't really news but I'm still in denial that we have to live in this deep freeze for a few more months yet. Why do we live here again?

Luckily, I have a sunny little spot to sit in and a nice big pot of homemade pea soup on the stove. Perhaps I'll make myself a chai and read my book for a bit. I'm currently reading The Opposable Mind, by Roger Martin - very applicable to things I'm trying to get done.

1 comment:

  1. hey thanks for the comment on weardrobe!
    ur outfits are fantastic...really wearable and stylish at the same time!

    visit my blog i u can: www.gizellefaye.blogspot.com
    see yah!

    ReplyDelete